1. I Know You Want Me

    Saturday, October 8, 2011



    I kinda love Pitbull.

    Not his music, but him. I find everything about him completely hilarious.

    I mean, his music isn't especially bad or offensive. He makes a kind of latin dancehall music that doesn't do anything for my sensibilities, but it's certainly not the worst of the top 40 pile. But the very fact that he is on top 40 list at all is totally amazing to me. I feel like Pitbull's popularity and stardom is an enormous practical joke by the music industry on the world at large.

    I can't be alone in thinking this. If you haven't seen the marvel that is Pitbull's mannerisms, behold:




    I can find no better way to sum up my feelings than this. If I was shooting a comedy skit where a joke rapper tried to emulate all the typical swagger and bravado of mainstream Hip-Hop, and failed on every possible level - I would cast Pitbull.

    He honestly defies parody. The Key of Awesome has done several send-ups with Pitbull, and the guy playing him basically does a toned-down version of the real Pitbull. It took me a surprisingly long time to get the top images of Pitbull looking like that for this post because he always looks like that. He's like the legions of bewilderingly confident American Idol outtakes, except he's performing on American Idol.

    Pitbull, keep doing your thing man. Goddamnit all it's working.

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment